Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Missed Post: TLS Fics of the Week 6/4 - 6/10/2013


Sorry for the mix up but somehow last week's Fics of the Week never posted, therefore the Fics Of The Week were posted out of order. 
These fics made the top of the list last week in The Lemonade Stand 6/4 - 6/10/2013:


Stubborn Love by VampiresHaveBeagles 
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8063793/1/Stubborn-Love 
She'll lie and steal and cheat, and beg you from her knees. She'll make you think she means it this time, tearing a hole in you. But I still love her. I don't really care. A story from iambeagle and VampiresHaveLaws.

Reviewed by AWhiteBlankPage & SusanQ

Stubborn Love is a collab between iambeagle and VampiresHaveLaws, inspired by the soulful Lumineers song by the same title. If you aren’t familiar with it, it’s time to have a listen.

She'll lie and steal, and cheat, and beg you from her knees
Make you think she means it this time
She'll tear a hole in you, the one you can't repair
But I still love her, I don't really care

Told from Edward’s perspective, this is the story of a relatable boy who falls fast and hard for a secretive, manipulative girl who’s out of reach.

...my eyes drift to the girl who jumps down from the bed of the truck, legs long and skin pale, hair a tangled mess as she tilts up her face to accept the last rays of the sun before it retreats into inky black.

She sways slightly on her feet, but she has a smile at her mouth, one that curls just slightly with eyes closed, like she's privy to the best kind of kept secret.
.
.
.
"What's your name?" I ask after a moment, running a hand over my chin because I don't know what else to do.

"Tell me yours first, and I'll think about telling you mine," she answers with that same secret smile from before.

From the beginning, she’s equal parts flirtatious and unattainable. She leads him on, he falls for it while telling himself that he knows full well what she’s doing and what he’s getting himself into. Seeing her with another guy is just the beginning.

He walks away, and she jumps on his back, and I can't stand looking at her face any longer; I hate the smile she wears, the one I didn't put there.

My chest feels tight and my fists clench as I turn away.

I am a stupid boy who wills this sky to burn.

I am nothing despite wanting to be something.

Bella pulls Edward close after she pushes him away. But we get the feeling she wants...or needs him more than she lets on. Just when we think Edward has had enough, Bella will disarm him and draw him back in.

I groan and she makes a sound, something impatient and small that feels needy and big as she climbs over my lap and straddles me. She pushes us torso to torso, and I like her like this, all instinct, all girl. Her lips are warm and soft and demanding, and my breath rushes through my nose when she puts more force behind her lips.

Bella’s troubled, heartbreaking past is just beginning to surface. Edward sees her as both broken and strong. He recognizes that he wants something from her but he can’t figure out how to get it or even what that something is. Since the first time he sees her, she dominates his every thought and he’s desperate to understand, as well as to protect her.

I know I could give her false assurances like her mother. Turn her down like her father. But I do neither.

With just the right amount of angst and an abundance of UST, Stubborn Love finds the perfect balance to draw you in. Every chapter will leave you wanting more, rooting for the often unlikeable, yet charismatic girl and the boy who probably deserves better.

The imagery is gorgeous, the writing is captivating. Kim and Meg write an emotion-evoking story that will have you simultaneously frustrated and smiling.



Shame by BellaDonnaCullen 
She destroys him. He hides his disgrace. She manipulates. He dominates. She's driven by power. He's inspired by duty. Their corporate arrangement is motivated by shame. ExB, AH, Rated M.


Infinite Visibility by TheFicChick 
"Bella, I'm not perfect." "I've loved perfect before, and he broke me anyway." (A "Twilight"/"Remember Me" crossover.) 




When Will I Know by Deb24601 
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7841318/1/When-Will-I-Know
You don't get over Edward Cullen. Even when he was never really yours. A story about wanting, needing and, eventually, knowing. AH. Inspired by Jan 2012 Witfit prompts. Rated M

Part of Me by LuckyIrishTart
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8939774/1/Part-of-Me
Written with WitFit daily prompts Jan/Feb 2013: 90's sex, drugs and rock and roll. E/B, Rated M


1 comment:

Photobucket