Saturday, June 27, 2015

TLS Special SNEAK PEEK Feature


The Lemonade Stand has spent years bringing you the best the fandom has to offer, and we are very excited to have the chance to offer you MORE. We've watched stories grow and develop from first post through COMPLETE in The Nursery, and now we're sharing previews of the stories that will soon be your new addiction.

This week, the incredible SparrowNotes24, author of the beautiful Sea Salt, shares a little detail on her upcoming story A Case of You with us.

Banner by timelights

Summary: He’s her warning. She’s his sweet temptation. An addict always wants what he can’t have, even if it will ruin him. “Speak of the devil and she shall appear. Who am I kidding? I’m Beezlebub.”

A Case of You is a story that's been hiding in the back of my mind since I started writing fanfiction. My longtime love affair with the Arctic Monkeys and a conversation with Kim about our favourite type of Edward, gave me the burst of inspiration I needed for this Edward to finally come to life. It’s the first EPOV I’ve ever written, and he’s already under my skin, stealing my attention and driving me crazy.

Edward is trouble.

He wrestles with his demons on most days—until he doesn’t. Then he lets them crawl all over him until he’s ready to shake them off again.

Bella is temptation, a game he will play knowing there can be no winners. She is everything he cannot have. 

But that’s never stopped him before.

...... 

The irony of a bar opposite an AA meeting is not lost on me. A few of us have joked about escaping there if it ever gets too much. It always fucking feels that way,  but I've never crossed the street. Others have, and they wear their guilt like an invisible cloak,  unmistakable to others skilled in the art of denial.

A coffee shop and secondhand book store cling to either side of the bar, cowering from their brighter, noisier neighbor, and a Chinese restaurant blocks off the corner. Tonight, the smell it churns out make my mouth water. On previous nights, earlier in the year, I would’ve lost the contents of my stomach to the gutter.

I check the bus times. Ten minutes until the next one. With hunger twisting my insides, my decision is made. I dash over, push the door open, and walk into a cloud of heat and spice. It’s pretty full already, but nobody takes much notice of me, so I head to the bar. Again, habit. 

The waiter uncorks a bottle of red wine, and then takes my to-go order. “It’ll be about ten minutes. Can I get you something to drink?” 

Yes. “No. I’m good, thanks.” The draught tap has condensation dripping down it. The sight draws all the moisture from my mouth. “On second thought, a club soda.” 

I’m so full of amazing ideas, I astound myself. Em tells me I’m a masochist. He’s usually right. I turn my back on the devil, facing the restaurant.

It’s then that I see her. Brunette, curves poured into a red silk dress covered with dragons breathing fire. It’s burning in her cheeks as she rushes around the tables. I’m not the only pair of eyes following her around the room.

She’s fucking beautiful. A little harassed and tired as she catches me looking and raises a brow. She’s not familiar. I would’ve remembered those eyes. Dark and dangerous. 

A stray hand belonging to a sweaty, fat fuck in a suit brushes against her ass. She laughs and slaps it away, but she flashes me a look of disgust as if I’m a friend. It makes me want to punch his lights out. I just smile.

She heads over to the bar, the tray balanced on her hip. “Assholes,” she says under her breath to me. “Can’t ever get away from them.” She stands on her tiptoes, stretching her body over the bar as she reaches for some shot glasses. When they’re filled with Patron, the smell of her perfume mixed with the liquor is enough to drive any man crazy. She turns to me. “Someone lookin’ after you?”

“Yeah, thanks.” I gesture to the waiter. “I’ve ordered takeout.” 

She scans me like a book, tilting her head the opposite way to her smile as she takes in my damp hoodie and hair. “That’s a shame.”

Her invitation settles in my nerve endings, and I see the night in front of me, the way I want it to play out, what it’ll take to have her body underneath me, the sounds I’ll pull from her, the way she’ll taste. It’ll be easy.
...... 


When Kate sends you a text one night along the lines of, “So, I’ve shared a doc with you for something but it may be crap”, you know it’ll be anything but. It's no secret that I love this girl and her writing, so it'll come as no shock when I say how truly brilliant this story is. From the very first chapter, I knew I wouldn't be able to stop thinking about it, and I haven't. It's clever and gritty and I know you're all going to love it as much as I do. 

Don't forget to pop Kate on alert so you don't miss out! 

♥ Kim 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket