Thursday, November 1, 2012

TLS Staff Fic Pick of the Week! Check out VampsHaveLaws pick this week:



Hold Me Down by periwrites
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7949385/1/Hold-Me-Down
Not me. That's who this girl is. She is not me. And for the first time, Edward wants someone who is not me. The tequila sits at the bottom of my stomach and begins to grow tentacles. I am tequila brave.

I’m so excited I get to write a little something about my Staff Pick of the Week, Hold Me Down by periwrites. I love this story so much, and feel it deserves much more recognition than it’s received.

It’s hard being a new author in a fandom with so many established names; what’s even tougher is writing a story that immediately grabs your attention and matches standards by authors with a lot more experience.

The lovely periwrites manages to do that and more.

Hold Me Down has snippets of everything I love in a story: angst, UST, high school and romance. I love how flawed this Bella can be sometimes. She is strong; she is selfish. She’s not your typical girl. And Edward... I adore him. He’s patient and unafraid and forgiving. He’s smart, but not always as much as he should be when it comes to Bella.

This story shifts between the past and present, so we see the best—and worst—of both worlds, from adulthood right back to when they were kids.

The first chapter gives us insight into their present situation.

It’s evident to see how much history these two characters have from the get-go:

 I refuse. Tequila brave. I hold his jaw and pull him in again, my kiss needier than ever.

 "Bella," he warns. His resolve is less insistent.

 I wrap my arms around his neck and cling him to me, satisfying the ache that had been living in me for months now.

 He kisses me back, and his lips pull and push with need.

 Then it all stops. He shoves me away, and I fall back against the wall.

 "Stop! Fuck!" he yells, frustrated as he runs the back of his hand over his mouth, the other through his hair. "Don't make me that guy. I'm not that guy! I don't fucking cheat on nice girls who want to be with me!"

 He throws the burning cigarette on the floor and slams his hands against the wall on either side of me.

 "This…" he gestures between himself and me "…this is over. I can't… I can't do it anymore. All the fucking bullshit!"

 He backs away as he wipes his palm on his face.

 "I can't."

 He walks back into the bar. I slide down the wall and grab the cigarette that is nearly out. I put it to my lips, tasting him. Him. I think back to the beginning.

And with that, we get transported there as well.

This fic encaptures so much growth, as well as the cruelty of youth and inability to always do what’s right. perwrites tells a story with a realism that isn’t always easy to find, and isn’t afraid to describe situations that others may find hard to read.

She isn’t afraid to be honest.

I urge everyone to go and check out this awesome read. There are only a few chapters remaining, so there is plenty to catch up on and keep you entertained. You won’t regret it.

Kim
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket