Wednesday, October 31, 2012

TLS Fics of the Week: 10/29 - 11/4/2012- The Sexy Seven are up!


If you visited the site this week or are a member of our group, then you know that we had more than a few poll problems. We had to cast three polls to get this week's results. Surprisingly the second poll ended up retaining all of the votes, at the last minute, when another poll was already in progress. Because of the different outcomes of the two identical polls, we have more features than usual this week and they are all wonderful! Please enjoy the following sexy seven stories we have for you!


Adore, Adore by Ooza
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6667983/1/Adore-Adore
Bella is in a bit of a financial pinch. Can one night with Edward solve all her problems? "What do you want to do to me?" she asked. "Everything." One-shot written for SFFR, now expanded! BxE, AH, Rated MA for dirty citrus
Reviewed by cbmtmorris

“Adore, Adore” begins rather innocuously.   Bella is a down on her luck waitress in a small diner just trying to survive a tough economy and a current cash flow problem.  Currently she is in the arrears on her rent, woefully behind; and, for that matter, it would seem all of her bills.  Edward comes a knocking and unbeknownst to her, he is her new landlord.

A loud knock on the door caused me to jump. It was way too late for a social call. I looked through the peephole and was met by a familiar face. I didn't know the man personally, but I did recognize him. I assumed he lived on one of the upper floors as our paths had crossed in the stairwell on more than one occasion. He was tall and thin with a messy mop of bronze colored hair that always fell into his green eyes. He had a nice ass, too. I knew this because, whenever he walked by, I always turned around for a view from the rear
"We need to talk about your past due rent."
A maniacal sounding laugh escaped my lips, and I clapped my hand over my mouth. "I'm sorry, but who the hell are you?"
"Your landlord." He stood up straight and crossed his arms over his chest, obviously displeased by my reaction.
"Oh, yeah? Since when?" I challenged.
"Since now."

Unfortunately for Bella due to her current cash flow issues, she finds herself in the precarious position unable to pay her current month’s rent, let alone the previous months.  Faced with possible eviction proceedings, what’s a girl to do?

"Miss Swan." Edward smirked. "Would you be open to coming to an . . . alternate agreement?"
"Like what, a payment plan? It's not necessary. I'll give you the money when I get it. I promise.
"No, not like a payment plan." His tongue darted across his lips as his eyes scanned my body hungrily. It took me a moment to figure out what he was referring to.
"No! Absolutely not."
His expression darkened, and he quirked an eye brow.
"No," I repeated.
"Come on. It'll be fun."

Edward’s debt reduction plan leaves Bella with a conundrum--accept the offer of an “alternate agreement” or face the real possibility of eviction and eventual homelessness.  After a restless night filled with disturbing  dreams, and following  much internal debate, Bella decides to give Edward a call to further clarify what the proposal entails………

"How much of my rent will go away?"
"That depends on what you let me do to you," he said after a short pause. His voice was gruff and lower than usual, and it sent tingles through my body.
"What do you want to do to me?" I was afraid to hear the answer, but I had to know.
"Everything."

Following the telephone call and even preparing for a possible evening spent with Edward, Bella remains hesitant and still not primed to fully commit herself.  However, she meets Edward at his apartment at the arranged time.  With some trepidation Bella agrees to the terms that Edward set forth, one most importantly that she gives Edward the control for the evening.  Ooza takes us through that first evening with Bella eventually acquiescing to all of Edward’s demands.  She discovers that even though she had been hesitant, the eventual outcome was indeed satisfying for both of them.

I spend the night wrapped in Edward's arms. It didn't take much to convince me to stay. All he had to do was pout and I gave in. I didn't really want to go back downstairs to my apartment anyway. I was worried that, once I was alone, I would start feeling like a cheap whore.

I woke up the next morning feeling slightly awkward, but Edward's laid-back attitude put me at ease. "Well, I guess we have one last decision to make before I leave," I said as we lay in bed.
"I've already made a decision."
"And?"
Edward shrugged as he traced a pattern on my bare stomach. "Consider your account paid in full."
"Bella, one more thing," Edward called after me. I turned and waited. His lips turned up into a wicked grin. "See you next month."

So begins the strange journey of Bella and Edward.
The prevailing theme throughout the chapters seems to be Bella’s inability to define the relationship between the two of them as well as their lack of true communication.  Even though they seem to be drawing closer to each other as evidenced by Edward beginning to text Bella short messages on a daily basis and an impromptu “hook up” during the day; she still is torn.  She finds herself being more attracted and intrigued by Edward, but insecurity meets her at every turn.  Due to Bella’s self-esteem issues and lack of confidence she continues to be reluctant and is hesitant to read more into the situation than appears on the surface. Should she view the arrangement simply to be a means to an end--rent paid for an additional month, other bills being brought up to date?  Is this a business contract?   Are she and Edward friends, “fuck buddies”, what?  At the forefront of her thoughts, however, is..is…is she a whore?  Is she a slut?  It is so difficult for her to discern, and a great deal of the time Bella finds Edward elusive and difficult to read.  So no help on that front!
On the surface Edward is a man who is attractive, walks with a purpose, and has a perchance for talking dirty in and out of the bedroom.

"Anyone could come up here and see us," he whispered. "Just imagine what you look like right now—half naked, getting fucked against the wall. I bet you'd like that, wouldn't you? For everyone to know." Edward groaned and picked up the pace. "They'll know you're mine." He shuddered as I dug my nails into the back of his neck. "They'll know you're my slut."

He is a man with an air of self-confidence and smugness; however, as Ooza leads us through the chapters and she slowly peels back the layers of Edward’s psyche.  She gives us a peak into what seems to be in reality a man with a big heart and many insecurities of his own.  Although he projects a self-confident, almost smug demeanor, it appears simply to be a mask he wears to hide his need for acceptance, approval and possibly even love.  On more than one occasion Edward makes reference to the fact that he wishes Bella not to see their agreement as simply a business arrangement, and at one juncture of the story Edward outright states that he views the two of them as friends; however, Bella dispels the idea that the two of them are friends when she encounters Edward one evening with a very attractive woman on his arm.  Seemingly embarrassed by being “caught” by Bella, he quickly shifts into the mode of landlord and thus ending phase one of their “alternate agreement”.
Even though the reader gets the sense that Edward interprets the “relationship” on a completely different level than that of Bella, their lack of communication often finds Bella hurling insults and accusations at Edward.  These instances lead to some of the most humorous dialogue of the story.
Ooza often showcases these two struggling for the upper hand—whether it be in a conversation, a shared activity, or in the bedroom.  At times it appears that Bella has won, but more often than not Edward will best her, and he is victorious. It is often during these exchanges that Ooza demonstrates the fine art of subtle humor.  Their lack of true communication leads the reader through some extremely funny exchanges as these two attempt to navigate the slippery slope of defining the true nature of their arrangement—all the while neither of them wishing to show their hand or opening themselves up to vulnerability.
I have actually only shared a brief glimpse inside the rare gem of “Adore, Adore”.  The story is currently at six chapters; however, with each chapter posting the story becomes more intriguing and humorous, additionally revealing and touching.  
Ooza attached the following disclaimer to the second chapter………..

 “As with the original one-shot, this installment was written for the sole purpose of dirty smut. I do plan on adding more little glimpses of Edward and Bella's future together; however, this will not be a story in the traditional sense with in-depth plots and regular updates. It's kind of my getaway when I need a break from all that.”

I really think Ooza sells herself short.  The plot, although not as in depth as one often finds in some posted fics, Ooza does not disappoint with regard to the characters.  She does not jump in with a lot of background with regard to Edward and Bella, but reveals (in a most unique fashion) the true nature of the characters as the story progresses.  She does not fail in delivering the necessary background information for the reader to enjoy each chapter posting, and she provides the necessary amount of scene setting for the reader to comprehend the story.  Most importantly, the sexy times are…let me see, let me see, oh yeah damn hot!  I gotta say, there are plenty of sexy, sexy scenes to keep the reader entertained.
This fiction has captured me from the first time I discovered it one evening last winter while trolling FanFiction.Net for something to read.  The short summary drew me in, and once I finished reading the posted chapters, I was hooked!  I have read and re-read this fiction too many times to count.  I continue to laugh through each re-read; and whenever Ooza posts a new chapter, I find myself reading from the beginning.  Perusing some of the reviews left by fellow readers, it is abundantly clear that “Adore,Adore” currently has a rabid and loyal following.    I sincerely hope that by reading this review, that it will encourage others that have not read “Adore,Adore”, to give it a read.  I assure you, you will not be disappointed.


In the Debris by BelieveItOrNot
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7915341/1/In-the-Debris
A story of unlikely friends, a story of family, a search for truth and a search of self. "She's everyone else's Isabella, but she's only my Bella." "I write a poem about a boy and girl who fall in love in the eye of a tornado." AH E/B V/J Rated: Fiction M



Roar Like A Lion by Counselor
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8606103/1/Roar-Like-a-Lion
1936, Edward and Jasper work as loggers. They work hard and play harder. Bella and Jacob come to the camp to open the school. Problem is the unmarried men have a great time running off the teachers. When Edward sees Bella a roar starts to build inside. She's everything he can't stand. And he's pretty despicable. Trouble. Rated: Fiction M


On Grey Mornings by littlesecret84
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6284948/1/On-Grey-Mornings
Bella's tryst with power made her infamous. Hounded and ashamed, she's back in Forks to start over again, but where do you find a clean slate when everyone who sees you already knows your biggest secret? AH, adult stuff. Rated: Fiction M


Quickie Mart Cupid by PrettyKittyArtist
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7834639/1/Quickie-Mart-Cupid
Quickie Marts, flat tires, expensive suits, gangster rap, g-strings and velvet roses. Valentines' Day wasn't going as planned. Rated: Fiction M



Because of a Boy by Cutestkidsmom
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8596409/1/Because-Of-A-Boy
Edward is the son of an Autistic father. Bella is the mother of an Autistic son. What happens when their paths cross. Can they find peace and love with in the chaos. Rated T for minor language and some adult situations. Rated: Fiction T


At Last by Itlnbrt
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8533785/1/At-Last
Edward and Bella find each other while married to others. They are two imperfect people trying to make a perfect relationship. With so much to learn and so many mistakes to make, their time will come, at last. Rated: Fiction M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket