Saturday, June 22, 2019

TLS Special SNEAK PEEK Feature




The Lemonade Stand has spent so many years bringing you the best the Twilight fandom has to offer, and we are very excited to have the chance to offer you even MORE. We've watched stories grow and develop from first post through COMPLETE, and now we're lucky enough to share previews of the stories that will soon be your new addiction.

When a fandom favorite author posts "Coming Soon" on her facebook wall, we start counting down the days before we can feature a Sneak Peek! This week, we are thrilled to share an excerpt of Planetblue's new fic, Zuma. She's given us favorites like Deviant, Badlands, Artful Maneuvers and Crazy Like That and we are certain this new one will lead fic discussions for weeks to come.


banner by LayAtHomeMom and Patrizia Adamo

Zuma
by
PlanetBlue

Summary: He may be dating my step-sister, but it doesn’t stop me from wishing he were mine.

~ oOo ~

Once upon a time, a certain wanna-be writer completed her first fic and wondered what she should write next?

Her thoughts immediately went to a time in her youth that always fascinated her as an adult.

The 1970s.

She was just 8 or 9 when she'd watch her older siblings, their friends, and her babysitter partake in such nifty things like roller skating, socks that went up to your knees, feathered hair, and wearing satin shorts. She thought illicit smoking sessions surrounding an ashtray while you sat on the floor of your best friend's room listening to Fleetwood Mac was probably the best way to spend an afternoon.

However, a certain mustachioed biker man with an ego problem came into her life, and her dreams of the 70's were put out like a disco inferno.

She's happy to say that seven years later, that 70's story has resurfaced, and what better time of the year to give you a Southern California story set in the summer of 1978?

How about right now?

One Day at a Time and The Love Boat! Grease and Animal House! Van Halen and the Bee Gees! And let's not forget Tab in a two-liter glass bottle and Hawaiian Punch in a can you had to poke holes in the top to pour!

Boogie down memory lane with me, won't you?

~ oOo ~

The hot California sun kisses my bare legs as they hang out the window of Jacob’s car, a beat up ’67 Charger that he loves more than me, a fact we’re both aware of. We’re driving to Frosty Freeze, our daily trip for ice cream in a summer that feels like it’s screeching towards its end even though it’s just begun. I’m already late for work, but I don’t care all that much, which is basically how I feel about most things.

I push the hair flying around my face out of the way, just in time to see him in the parking lot at Zuma beach.

Edward Cullen. 

His golden shoulders glisten with salty ocean water, his old denim cutoffs lay unbuttoned and hanging dangerously low around his hips. A white t-shirt sticks out of his back pocket, waiting to be put back on. 

With his right hand he slings the yellow and blue surfboard easily under his arm, and with the left, he pulls Rosalie Hale’s bikini clad body into his own.

I lick my lips and squeeze my thighs together, knowing that in just a few short hours, he’ll be sitting across from me at dinner, eating whatever Renee makes from the helpful housewife advertisements she sees during The Carol Burnett Show. 

He may be dating my step-sister, but it doesn’t stop me from wishing he were mine.


Remember to put planetblue on alert so you can follow along with us when she begins posting!





12 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!! I was JUST thinking about rereading "Deviant" because it is one of my all time favorite fics! But now that planetblue is coming out with a new story, my loins are all a twitter!!!�� So freaking excited!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for this new story! I love everything PB writes. I read Badlands at least once per year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait and very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait! Lordy, this is going to resonate with me as I turned 15 in the summer of 1978 and I’m betting this will bring back so many memories and just tug on my 15 year old heart!
    Looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of planetblue's stories. I can't wait for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Planetblue... new story... yes please. Great news ❤️ I am so looking forward to seeing this start posting. Love her writing ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG what a wonderful surprise to see that PB is writing another fic for us that love her so!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I grew up in the 70's so this is going to be so much fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Surferward and fun in the 70's sun. Music to my ears.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woot woot! Super exciting that PlanetBlue has a written new story set in the disco rockglam 70's no less. Love all PBs stories and the preview for Zuma has me smiling already :)

    ReplyDelete

Photobucket