Saturday, February 23, 2019

TLS Special SNEAK PEEK Feature



The Lemonade Stand has spent so many years bringing you the best the Twilight fandom has to offer, and we are very excited to have the chance to offer you even MORE. We've watched stories grow and develop from first post through COMPLETE, and now we're lucky enough to share previews of the stories that will soon be your new addiction.

When one of your favorite writers sends you a couple chapters of this “possible fic thing” she’s been working on, you drop everything to check it out!! I dusted off my fangirl t-shirt & pom poms and encouraged this thought process. (I know I’m showing my age, but I grew up in the era of Slam books,big poofy hair and Aquanet, can’t forget the Aquanet, so I pretty much could relate to this entire story). From the amazing writer that brought you so many legendary fics like The Give Away Girl, Down Home, and Rest My Soul, let’s give a shout to MrsSpaceCowboy for her new fic!


banner by Lizzie Paige

Slammed
by
MrsSpaceCowboy

Summary: 1988. High school, poofed bangs, and slam books. It’s funny how much damage one little spiral notebook can do.


A while back, I promised to post a little 80s-themed story I was working on, if I ever finished it. My new story Slammed was born after a visit to my bestie’s house on a night that involved way too much wine and some silly reminiscing about slam books, particularly the dozens of them she and I signed and made through the years. After a few Advils and a good night’s sleep, I woke up refreshed with a plot bunny that wouldn’t go away. Here I am, a few years later, to share it and hopefully bring some fun and laughter to the experience.

Bella Swan is a star basketball player at Forks High who’s nursed a lifelong crush on Edward Masen, captain of the boys’ basketball team. Only her besties, Alice and Jessica, know about it. Senior year is all about firsts, lasts, and choosing how you’re going out and what comes next. In a rare moment of bravery, Bella confesses her feelings in Alice’s senior slam book. What happens next? Sign in and find out.

~ xOxOxO ~

“Welcome back,” Mr. Banner says in the hall when Alice and I walk past the door to his classroom. 

“Right,” she says. “How can he be so cheery?”

“Maybe he got laid over break.” I open my locker and give my bangs one last inspection before switching out my books to lighten my backpack.

“Grody. But I guess it could happen. Here,” she says, shoving a spiral notebook with holographic tie-dyed print on the cover into my hands. “Something for you to do today.”

“What is it?” I ask. 

“Just do it.” Silver bangle bracelets clink and shift when she lifts her hand to wave goodbye. “I’ll see you after third.”

A glance inside the cover makes me laugh out loud in the middle of the busy hall. 

Another fucking slam book. 

She’s done one every year since eighth. This is senior year. You’d think she would’ve outgrown this by now. At least the title page isn’t in bubble letters this time. And the ink is black instead of rainbow. 

I carry it with me into Banner’s class, because if ever there was a class dull enough to warrant a slam book, it’s his. 

The room is stale from our extended holiday, and dust particles float in the air and hover when I pull out my stool and toss my stuff onto the counter in front of me. Before I have a chance to settle in and get comfortable, someone calls Edward Masen’s name from the hall. 

Like a lovesick magnet, I glance at the door.

~ xOxOxO ~

MrsSpaceCowboy always brings great love stories and lots of moments that are completely relatable. If you haven’t read her work, you are in for a treat! We hope you will join us in reading her new fic. Pop her on alert so you know when she hits publish!  ~ Nic

7 comments:

  1. So excited! As a HS graduate of the 80's, I can totally relate and looking forward to delving in!
    Thank you, ladies!
    - EdwardsVampTramp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great one! Thanks 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woooot! I am so flippin' excited for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all Mrs Space Cowboy’s stories. I cant wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm too old to know what a slam book is so I will have to read and learn. Can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As with all of her stories, I'm sure this one will be awesome! So glad she's writing another one.

    ReplyDelete

Photobucket