Saturday, January 19, 2019

TLS Special SNEAK PEEK Feature


The Lemonade Stand has spent so many years bringing you the best the Twilight fandom has to offer, and we are very excited to have the chance to offer you even MORE. We've watched stories grow and develop from first post through COMPLETE, and now we're lucky enough to share previews of the stories that will soon be your new addiction.

No one writes sports fics quite like fandom favorite author Nolebucgrl. She's given us classics like First and TenSideline Collision and its sequel Getting Blitzed. This week we are excited to bring TLS readers a sneak peek of her new sports fic The Summer Girl!


banner by: MarieCarro

The Summer Girl 
by 
Nolebucgrl

Summary: Bella Swan is living in a small town known for it's AAA team. She got burned by one of the boys of summer last season and swore off baseball players for good. Edward Cullen is an older rookie looking to recapture his dream of making the bigs. Can she put aside her bias and give him a chance, or will he strike out before he even takes a turn at bat?

~~~

This was my submission for the Babies at the Border compilation, and I'm happy to say that I'm going to expand it beyond the initial very long one-shot. I love these two characters. Bella is quirky and scared of opening her heart again to a man that's just in town temporarily. Edward gave up his dream of playing ball for reasons that will come out as we go, and he's trying to recapture that dream at the age of twenty-six. Sparks fly between these two right away, and it'll be up to them to see if they can keep the fire burning if and when he gets a shot to play in the majors. I hope everyone joins me for yet another sports story!


I moved along, pretending to be looking at the shelves nearest me, not wanting to be caught staring at the stranger’s hand, when he glanced my way and I froze in place. Holy crap but he was beautiful. Piercing green eyes, reddish-brown hair that was cut close on the sides but a little longer on top, an angular, defined jaw, and plump lips that curved into a smile as he caught me ogling him.

“Hello,” he said, and his voice was soft and musical and beautiful. Who was this guy? Where did he come from?

“I was just checking you out,” I hurriedly told him, gasping when I heard my own words. Please tell me I did not just say what I think I said.

He barked out a laugh. “I noticed.”

Oh God. Kill me now. I blamed the beer I’d chugged at Bucky’s. I was out of drinking practice and therefore I was impaired and my mouth was speaking without thinking.

“I meant, I was checking to see what you were reading.” My cheeks were burning, but man, he was beautiful. Even better-looking than Riley had been. I couldn’t help being tongue-tied.

He flipped the book, and I saw that it was indeed the book I’d been looking for.

“You’ve got my book.”

He's got her book... What else of hers will he take? 


Be sure and put Nolebucgrl on alert so you can follow along with us!

6 comments:

  1. Anything written by Nolebucgrl is a definite read. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nolebucgrl is one of my most favorite authors. I can't wait to read this story. So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for this! Loved it when reading as part of the compilation. Please hurry :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nolebucgirl is an amazing author, love all her stories. She brings piazza to sport stories that no one else has.

    ReplyDelete

Photobucket