Saturday, August 6, 2016

TLS Special SNEAK PEEK Feature




The Lemonade Stand has spent so many years bringing you the best the Twilight fandom has to offer, and we are very excited to have the chance  to offer you even MORE. We've watched stories grow and develop from first post through COMPLETE, and now we're lucky enough to share  previews of the stories that will  soon be your new addiction.

It’s been a little while since we’ve had a full length story from twilightladies, so we are really excited to have her back with her new fic, Someone Like Me. She’s written gems like I Belong With You and I Do, Maybe and I can’t fail to remind you of her collab on the Dirty Talkin’ Edward Contest, Blurred Lines, that earned its spot in the Dirty Five Popular Vote! She certainly writes some intriguing Edwards, so let’s see what she has in store for us this time.



banner by beegurl13


Someone Like Me
by twilightladies

Summary: “The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero

~~~~

It’s been just over a year since I posted my last fic, and I told myself that it would be the last for a while. 

Who was I kidding?

I went back through some flashfics and notes and found what turned out to be the inspiration for this story. I knew, if I wanted to start something new, it needed to be different from my previous stories. 
In the space of a few minutes, I’d gone from having no idea, no characters, and no storyline to having the first few chapters mapped out in my head. 

I wanted to step out of my comfort zone. 

To write about experiencing loss as well as finding love. 

To write about the kind of friendship that makes you smile, even more so when you get those first flutters that it might be developing into more. 

Someone Like Me is about finding someone you didn’t even know you needed.


Her POV
I strip, throwing my soaked clothes into a pile on the floor and changing into my favorite sweats and t-shirt. 

On my way back downstairs, because the darkness is making my stomach churn, I turn on all the lights. Dread settles deep in my stomach, making me feel like something isn’t right, like that feeling when you’re uneasy and you don’t know why. Butterflies, but not the excited kind; the kind that make you want to throw up, and nothing will seem to settle them. 

Like a child, I check every empty room, behind the shower curtain, and under the kitchen table. I check that the doors are locked, close the curtains, and flop onto the couch, flicking through the channels before settling on The Goonies. Perfect rainy day material. 

Not long into the film, three sharp, loud knocks on the front door echo throughout the house. The abrupt noise goes straight through me, making me shiver. It’s that feeling of dread again. 

Knowing whoever is at my door in this weather can’t be bringing good news. 


His POV
The TV provides the only light as it plays in the background; some old sitcom I’m not even paying attention to. Shadows from the screen flicker across the floor as if dancing with the ones on the wall made by the trees outside. The wind’s so strong that my mom’s favorite tree by the window is almost bent in half.

It covers the window, but one branch already snapped most of the way off. Back and forth… It’s like it’s waving at me. 

Taunting me. 

It’s daunting. 

And for some reason, it makes me feel uneasy. 

The lights go off, plunging the room into darkness. My heart pounds as I check my phone, desperate to hear from Alice. 

I knew I shouldn’t have let her leave. Part of me knows I’m overreacting. As much as she acted like a kid earlier, she’s still smart. Nothing will happen, but with the weather acting as bipolar as it is, something could happen. 

And it’d be my fault for letting her leave. 

Thunder rumbles once, twice, and a third time, almost shaking the house, before lightning flashes through the sky, basking the room with light for mere seconds.  

~~~~

Pop twilightladies on alert and follow along with us at TLS! 
♥  Nic

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I can't even tell you how excited I get when I see another one of these posts when you tell us about a new story! Just love it! I love twilightladies' writing and after reading that little excerpt, I'm already chomping at the bit to read more! Hope she's posting it soon. You guys are great and I sure hope you know how much we appreciate all your hard work bringing us new and exciting stories to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see this new story from Twilightladies. Hope it's posting soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Sneak Peeks and What What Everyone's Reading. Found a lot of awesome stories to read, so thank you ladies. I've read the prologue for Someone Like Me and now I'm looking forward to reading the next chap:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Sneak Peeks and What What Everyone's Reading. Found a lot of awesome stories to read, so thank you ladies. I've read the prologue for Someone Like Me and now I'm looking forward to reading the next chap:)

    ReplyDelete

Photobucket