Sunday, September 7, 2014

TLS Special SNEAK PEEK Feature



The Lemonade Stand has spent years bringing you the best the fandom has to offer, and we are very excited to have the chance to offer you MORE. We've watched stories grow and develop from first post through COMPLETE in The Nursery, and now we're sharing previews of the stories that will soon be your new addiction. 

This week, the lovely duo JiffyKate, authors of the awesome Under Pressure, share some info on their upcoming story The Other One with us.


Two strangers struggling from day to day. One trying to overcome the past while the other hides behind it. Will they be able to trust one another enough to share their secrets and accept the truth despite what they’ve been through?

             The Other One by JiffyKate

The bell on the front door chimes as the first customer of the day walks in, and I’m thankful for the distraction.

As I walk from the kitchen to the front of the cafĂ©, movement to my left catches my attention.  I watch as a young woman slides into a booth, all the way inside, as if she’s making room for someone to sit next to her.  Her eyes never leave the window, and I can’t help but stand there and stare at her.

A throat clearing behind me makes me jump, and I don’t know if I should feel relieved or embarrassed to see Jasper standing next to me. 

“She’s a regular,” he tells me, looking over at the same girl.  “She comes in every Thursday and sits in the same booth but never orders anything or says anything.  We just leave her be.”

“Okay.”  It seems like a strange thing for a young lady to do, but I’m sure she has her reasons, and to be honest, I’m happy to know I’ll have at least one easy customer.

I can do this.

As I head for the front door, I give my future customer one more glance.  I’m not prepared for the moment our eyes meet.  My body freezes in shock—not just because she’s the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen and we just made eye contact, but also because I don’t think I’ve ever seen eyes as sad as hers. 


It’s a slow burn all in EPOV that will, hopefully, pull at your heartstrings while you try to figure out the mystery between these two characters.


I quickly turn away, averting my eyes to the floor and forcing my feet to walk.  My heart is beating fast, and my palms feel sweaty.  I’ve gotta get out of here before I make a complete fool of myself.

I can’t do this.

The spark for this one came from an image of a sad girl sitting at a table.  From there, we built a story around her, but decided it would best be told by someone else, someone with a past of his own.  This story is very different for us. It’s not our usual light and fluffy type of fic, but we hope readers will give it a try and enjoy it.  It takes place in New Orleans and features a shy, withdrawn Bella and an Edward unlike any we’ve ever written or read before. We’ll be posting every Friday and we hope you’ll come along for the ride!

-JiffyKate

.

Don't forget to pop JiffyKate on alert so you don't miss out!

♥ Kim


2 comments:

Photobucket