Tuesday, November 12, 2013

TLS Fics of the Week 11/12 - 11/18/2013: The Fab Five are up!


Nine Months-A Cullen Legacy Short Story by Pattyrose

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9800756/1/

Former Congressman Edward Cullen has finally overcome the forces that tried to keep him away from Bella and their daughter, Elizabeth, and the three have settled into a life together. But when Bella becomes pregnant again, how will Edward deal with nine months of expectation, combined with a new campaign run? A short story based on The Cullen Legacy. Daily updates. Rated M.

Review by: Cared

This story came about for two main reasons: the readers of The Cullen Legacy know a good thing when they discover it and are not above begging for more, and Pattyrose is a self-confessed wordy beeyotch. (Love you Patty!)

In the fantastically successful full-length story The Cullen Legacy, Edward was not with Bella through her first pregnancy with their daughter Elizabeth, therefore his experience of Bella’s second pregnancy, is the story wished for most by TCL readers.  Whether this is because of Edward being one of the most politically powerful men in the world, who understood that his family should be and is the most important thing in his world, thereby making him an amazing Daddyward, or because Edward missed out the first time around, readers wanted to see it through his eyes. Thankfully for us, this adorable Edward had quite a bit to say in his own unique and entertaining way,and the planned one-shot became a delightful short story of 11 chapters; one chapter per pregnancy month…I know what you are thinking here but please see above mention of wordy beeyotch. J Nine Months – TCLSS can be read as a stand-alone story if you are one of the ten people alive who haven’t had the pleasure of TCL. Honestly though, if you have ever been pregnant or shared the experience with someone, witnessed an expectant father, have a sense of humour, or love a good story…this one is for you.

I present you with nine of the myriad of reasons why I enjoyed this story and am confident you will too.

1. The chapter titles are an entertaining read in their ownright. For example:

Month 2: (JULY) - EXHAUSTION, MOOD SWINGS, STILL-FLAT STOMACHS AND…THE END OF SEX

Month 3: (AUGUST) – MORNING SICKNESS CONTINUES, STILL NO SEX, PERFECTLY SWOLLEN BREASTS THAT CAN'T BE TOUCHED, AND…HOW MANY HEARTBEATS?

MONTH 5: (OCTOBER) –ANNOUNCING IT TO THE WORLD, RAGING HORMONES, SWOLLEN ANKLES AND HEARTBURN, FINDING OUT THE SEXES AND VAGINAL DISCHARGE THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME BECAUSE ACTUAL SEX IS A LONG AGO MEMORY.

Does anyone else notice Edward’s ever so slight fixation on the absence of sex?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. Famous last words from delusional Edward:

“Yeah, other than a little bit of morning sickness, these next few months are bound to be grand.”

Don’t worry ladies, he learns – the hard way!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. Edward’s attitude to sex…or more accurately - the lack of it!

“So I'm just standing here, being useless.

And horny.”

Let’s just say it’s a good thing the colour blue suits him. *Snicker*

~~~~~~~~~~~~

4. Jealousward is hot!

While perhaps it’s not an ideal quality to possess, and Edward understands that, I can’t help my body’s immediate reaction to a jealous, possessive Edward. *Shrugs*

“My nostrils flare. I'm about to walk over to them and…and…

And what? I don't even know what I'm going to do. Jesus, I'm being an asshole, I know I am. But acknowledging that you're being ridiculous and actually changing it are two very different things.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~

5. A fabulous, strong Bella, with the patience of a saint and a quirky sense of humour…

“She snorts wryly. "My feet have grown about half a size, my ankles as well; I look like I'm carrying a small army in my stomach even though each one of these babies only weighs about a pound and a half. I can no longer see me fanny well enough to groom it properly. My breasts weigh about a stone each, my nipples are darker than my pubes…"”

*Mother of four here Bella – you are preaching to the choir gf.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~

6. Words of wisdom from a most unusual character, and a wonderful mother, Renee…

“"Oh, Love, we all handle grief and loss in different ways. We can either let it consume us, or embrace what we still have left. But if you give people a chance – a couple of them if it's required – one of these days,they may surprise you."”

~~~~~~~~~~~~

7. Things never to say to a pregnant woman…

When Edward gets it right…

“In the past couple of weeks, Bella's belly has…popped out a bit to say the least. I haven't mentioned it because though I may not know much about how to handle this entire pregnancy situation, I'm a man. I know enough not to mention obvious weight gain in any way, shape or form, even if the book hadn't advised against it.”

Can we get an Amen?

And when he gets it wrong…

Too numerous to mention as it’s every single time he mentions that bloody book! (See Below)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

8. OME, the book!

Edward is nothing if not thorough, LOL and getstotally carried away by takes a great interest in learning from one of those ‘what to expect in pregnancy’ books. Mmmh, how do I put this politely…he likes to share his newfound expertise with Bella…

"The book says any unnecessary stress should be greatly avoided."

"Edward, I'm performing research in Brooklyn, not interviewing insurgents in the Middle East!"

"I know that, but the book says you need to rest as much as-"

"Ugh! I don't need to be carried!" she huffs, pressing her palm against my chest and pushing me back so she can stand on her own."And I am not rescheduling the piece! I am not under any stress unless you count having to deal with you and that bloody book!"

I wondered in my review of the first chapter just how much time (and advice) would pass, before Bella wanted to grab a hold of Edward and shove the book somewhere the sun doesn’t shine. I didn’t have to wonder for long, js. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

9. And last but not least - the exciting ending…

It made me laugh; it made me cheer; it made me cry. Perfect!

P.S. Please send your copy of  ‘the book’ to Bella for her planned book burning. Only joking!


How to Marry a Movie Star by Redtini
https://fictionpad.com/author/Redtini/stories/2289/How-To-Marry-a-Movie-Star
Hollywood heartthrob Edward Cullen and best-selling author Bella Swan have overcome distance, jealousy, old flames, and misunderstandings all for love. Can their relationship survive public scrutiny, unhealed scars, insecurities and deception? Part 2 of 3 in the series. A/H. Rated M


The Loving Kind by Thimbles
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7977210/1/The-Loving-Kind
There were nine words on the square of paper. Nine simple words that I have waited over a year to hear: "I was wrong. I miss you. I love you."My biggest mistake was falling in love with Bella. My second was telling her. Rated M


Where Life Takes You by MidnightLove87
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9651536/1/Where-Life-Takes-You
It's 1962 and on Bella's 21st birthday her mother feels that it's time for Bella to settle down and get married. And while Bella thinks that getting married is the key to safety and security, her aunt takes it upon herself to give Bella other possibilities. A bus ticket, a full billfold, and red lipstick... Where will life take Bella? Come along for the ride! Rated M


Fate, Love and Second Chances by Nightviz
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9620498/1/Fate-Love-and-Second-Chances
Tragedy brought them together, perfection seemingly found between two imperfect beings. Bella is a nurse, Edward a firefighter-paramedic, both are in need of a miracle. Friendship grows into love, but a misunderstanding changes everything, and an already broken Edward hits rock bottom. Can they rebuild their lives together through the complications caused by their mistakes? Rated M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket