Wednesday, September 11, 2013

TLS Fics of the Week 9/10 - 9/16: The Fab Five are Up!


Hooked Up and Locked Down by LayAtHomeMom
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9320881/1/Hooked-Up-and-Locked-Down
All he wants is a distraction. And a distraction is what he gets when a night out with friends leads to a steamy hook-up. Of course, sometimes things look different in the morning..but that's the trouble with one-night stands in locked down Boston. Rated M

Reviewed by: CarrieZM

Edward Cullen, a Boston EMT, is drinking the night away—trying to forget the heartache and anxiety following the Boston Marathon tragedy—when he meets Bella, who has recently moved back to Boston from Manhattan.  They immediately hit it off and are in a cab headed to Bella’s apartment before the night is up.

"Ya wanna get outta here?" She whispers against my lips and I swear I can feel my dick noddin' his head and wavin' his hand toward the exit as if to say 'after you milady'.

I wanna answer her question, but apparently my lips have other ideas as I cover her mouth with mine. She tastes like Amaretto and Southern Comfort, my own real life version of a Sicilian kiss. She breaks it all too soon, grabbing my hand and leading me out to the front of the bar. We give Rose and Em a quick wave as she grabs her pocketbook and we make a run for it.

"Where are we headin'?" I ask as we hustle up the block closer to the square to grab a cab.

She giggles a bit and throws her arms around my waist. "Hooka' Avenue."

I laugh because she sounds just like Rosalie when she says it, then I kiss the shit out of her under a streetlight not caring who sees us. We catch a break when a Brattle cab drives by. You can tell Bella did a stint in New York just by the way she hails a taxi with an air of authority in her voice. She rattles off her address to the cabbie as she scoots across the seat. I don't even have the door shut completely and she has her leg hitched over my thigh and her hands in my hair at the nape of my neck pulling me close once more.

Things continue to heat up as they make their way into Bella’s apartment, only to be interrupted by Jake, Bella’s peanut size dog. Jake has no use for Edward and makes it clear from the start. But nothing, not even Jake’s ferocious growl, can keep the sparks from flying when these two get together.

"How do ya want it, Bella?' I ask with a grunt and a grind.

The words must be stuck in her throat because all I hear is a soft mewl and I feel her tighten her grip in my hair and her legs wrap around my lower back.

"Huh, Cookie? Ya want it hard and fast right here on your counter?" I pause for effect, let it sink in that I am down to match every ounce of crazy she throws at me. "Do ya want it like that?"

She bites that lip in a failed attempt to hold back a moan as I skim my nose down her jaw and up the other side. I ghost my fingertips up her thighs until I reach the button on her pants. I take her earlobe between my lips and whisper against the shell of her ear.

"Take off your pants." I watch as she makes quick work of her pants and shoes and looks at me expectantly. "Now lose the shirt."

After a night of hot sex, the hungover pair are woken up to the incessant ringing of Edward’s cell phone.  The city is on lock down while the Boston Marathon suspect is still at large. No one is going anywhere. Edward’s one night stand just got a little awkward.

I need for her to understand so I grab her shoulders and turn her to look out the window at the advancing SWAT team.

"The city is on lock-down. SWAT is goin' door-to-door looking for a suspect. Rose said that shit got real last night. There was a shoot-out, a car chase, I don't know. I think a cop was gunned down or something. I didn't catch everything she said."

I feel her tremble a bit and I doubt it's because she's cold. She just nods and whispers 'okay' as she walks out of the room. I hear dresser drawers opening and closing, then the distinct sounds of a magazine being ejected from a gun. I round the corner just in time to see her inserting the ammo before pushing the mag up until it locks with a click.

"Whoa, Cookie – what'cha got goin' on there?" I ask as I lean against her doorway.

The story continues with Edward and Bella navigating through the day learning about each other. Edward starts to realize that maybe Bella is more than just a one night stand, but does Bella feel the same?  Will being on lock down after hooking up work in his favor? Or will it be a disaster?

"Lemme ask you somethin'," I say, staring at the ceiling not wanting to meet her eyes for the first time since the first moment I met her.

"Shoot."

"You seem to be operatin' under the assumption that I am big on hittin' it and quittin' it."

"That's not a question."

"Fine. Do you? Ya know, think that… about me?"

She props her head on her elbow and her brow is furrowed as she studies me closely. Here I am expecting her to ease my mind and tell me 'no, no, no'. Instead she just shrugs which might as well be code for 'yes, I think you'd stick your dick in just about anything with a pulse'.

Based loosely on an article in Esquire magazine, Hooked Up and Locked Down is filled with so many sweet moments and great laughs. This story will capture your heart from the beginning.  I loved reading about Edward trying to win “the girl” all while contending with her little devil dog and a citywide manhunt. He ends up finding something he didn’t even know he was missing.  Add an adventurous Bella and a crazy family, and you have a winning fic.  Definitely not one to be missed!


Professionally Personal by DH78
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8660037/1/Professionally-Personal
Aspiring tattoo artist, Bella Swan works a nine-to-five job at Cullen Energy, Inc. When forced to work with the cold, elusive, and very hot CEO, she discovers they have something in common.Can she keep things professional personal? Rated M

The Man in the Moon by CullensTwiMistress
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9224221/1/The-Man-in-the-Moon
Her Nana had always told her she'd find the peanut butter to her jelly. But she never did find the one, and now she's 29 and still looking for that perfect one—the man that doesn't exist. He's like the man in the moon; a simple fairy tale that will never be real. AH; BxE Rated M

Running for Love by Sarge's Girls
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9579497/1/Running-for-Love
Bella is the daughter of the vice president of the United States. Edward is a new member of her Secret Service detail. Will they be able to fight their attraction, or will her eighteenth birthday mean a green light? AH/Rated M


Slapshot by Prettykittyartist
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9174767/1/Slapshot
He comes in for the stale coffee and the girl behind the counter. She lives for the moments he walks though her doors. Can she snag herself a star? Can he handle being caught? HOCKEYWARD EXB OOC Rated M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket