Wednesday, August 7, 2013

TLS Fics of the Week 8/6 - 8/12/2013: The Fab Five are up!

Hi everyone, PAWsPeaches here... I put together our poll each week and last week I had a little problem. I accidentally deleted the wrong poll when trying to create a new one. The poll had just closed and unfortunately I hadn't gathered the winners from it before I pressed the wrong button. I decided not to panic and re-do the poll- which would have set us behind- but to just let TLS Admins choose the five Fics of the Week instead. I couldn't be more pleased with our choices and I think you will be too:


Soul by Denverpopcorn
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6928840/1/SOUL
Meet Edward Cullen, boy next door, dreamer, and self-proclaimed virgin.
Take a journey with him as he heads out in search of The One. AH. EPOV,
E/B. Rated M

Review by GeekChic12

We start out meeting a twelve-year-old Edward, too distracted on Christmas morning by his new toys to realize his mother is walking out on him and his father.

Being raised by a single dad doesn’t seem to be much of a hardship for Edward though. He knows it wasn’t his fault, and he moves on, taking care of his broken-up dad the best he can.

As Edward goes through his teenage years, he realizes he’s different from most other guys his age—that is to say, not so focused on girls.

I wanted to set my own course.

His father worries about him and sends him to “tutor” a former child beauty queen—one Miss Rosalie Hale.

Rosalie tells Edward like it is but doesn’t pressure him. She can understand where he’s coming from, and they strike up an unlikely but unbreakable platonic friendship.

"Edward, be yourself. So casual sex is not your thing; that's fine. That's honorable. But you're going to have to face a sex-filled world and do one of two things. One, you can own up to it, and when the subject comes up, as it always will, you can proudly call yourself a virgin. Like, 'Hi, my name is Edward Cullen and I am a hot as fuck, 9-inch-cocked-up self-proclaimed virgin."

We both howled at that. The dreamy weed made us burst into fits of wheezing laughter and arm slapping.

"Or, two, you can fake it," she said.

I snorted. I never said I was proud; there was no righteousness in my system. Sex was everywhere, sure; there was no hiding from it. I got it, everyone else was normal; I was not. I knew I was odd, but I didn't dress differently, I could carry a conversation. And so long as a girl was wearing clothes, I wasn't nervous. I was just me.

I wanted to tell her that, but I could barely form a sentence.

Rose spoke. "Everyone, everywhere, talks about sex like the weather, and you, with your…dear God, your beautiful face, and hair that women want to tug, you are the embodiment of their wants and their needs. How are you going to get past that? What have you done to those nubile young princesses who think you belong to them? And let me tell you Edward, they are possessive of you. I hear them talk. That's why I know about you. They want you."

We would become friends over the summer, figuring out who we were and who we were meant to be. And we had a kinship neither wanted to sacrifice to sex just to be like everyone else.

Rosalie Hale didn't lay waste to my dignity. She cultivated it.

She helps him realize what makes him different.

It took a stranger to pull it out of me, to make me think about it, put a name to it.

I was holding out, alright. I had a downright crazy, crazy desire. I didn't want to get my heart broken. I wanted to believe in the impossible.

I wanted a soul mate. I wanted someone to unlock the giant ball of love I kept reserved in my heart.

Now if that line doesn’t make you fall in love with this Edward, I don’t know what will. He’s one of my favorite Edwards of all time.

We follow Edward on his journey to find his soul mate (his snowflake). He is persistent and refuses to settle for anything less.

And once he finds her...a totally unexpected world opens up for him.

"I've just met the woman of my dreams."

"I want to do bad, bad things to her."

Horny Virginward emerges, and his inner monologue will make you laugh out loud.

Isabella Swan is quite an interesting character herself, from her dog named Bacon to her collection of rare spiders.

Be sure to check out this gem of a fic, and leave Denverpopcorn some love! We’re all crossing our fingers for an update soon!



Always an Edward by LifeInTheSnow
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7180165/1/Always-an-Edward
Bella wants to say yes to kind, handsome Ed…but can't stop meeting Eddie for martini lunches. Eduardo just wonders why she's avoiding his yoga class. And who is this "Edward" leaving cryptic messages at work? A story about people and how they change. Rated M



One Day by RueforRegret
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9147787/1/One-Day
Over a quarter of a century separates single-mother Bella Swan from her hormone-riddled adolescence. Watching her teenaged daughter navigate her way through various rites of passage, Bella can't help falling prey to nostalgia. "One Day" brims with steamy reminiscences of first love and traces one woman's mid-life attempt to reclaim it. ExB, AH, mild angst, Rated M


The Chosen Ones by AmaranthineX
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9488969/1/The-Chosen-Ones
A new world order emerges after an epidemic alters the foundation of life as we know it. The human race is in danger of extinction, but a select few have the ability to propagate life. This is the ultimate survival of the fittest. AH/ Rated M


Unraveled Knot by Twistedcoincidence
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4919822/1/Unraveled-Knot
A round peg in a square hole. It's not always the easiest fit that works the best. Maybe if it's not hard it's just not worth it. AU/AH E/B Collab with astilbe13 Rated M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket