Wednesday, November 9, 2011

TLS Fics of the Week 11/9 - 11/15- Reviews are up!

The TLS Fics of the Week list has exploded with awesomeness this week, giving you SIX features.

Each week, you log on and tell us which poll nominees moved you the most and we deliver reviews on your favorites, faithfully. Please enjoy this week's TLS FICS OF THE WEEK and stop by the author profiles below, to give them some love. Tell them TLS sent you.

With love,

PAWsPeaches<3



Just Breathe by jtmd24-rec'd by Jaime Arkin
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6844825/1/
What happens when the man you've loved for 6 years starts to change right before your eyes? Bella is forced to question her heart when the black sheep of the family returns. In the end, will she put her trust in the right person? AR/OOC/lemons Twilight - Rated: M

Review by: Edmazing

By now I think we all know the elements. Newbie Bella, a chaste vampire boyfriend, a bff vampy sister. A female vampire hell bent on ending Bella and another just as determined to protect her. Instant attraction, boat loads of denial and sexual tension that keeps you up reading way too late. Jtmd24 has filled “Just Breath” with the things I’ve come to know and love… but realigned and redefined them.

The result is a story I just couldn’t stop reading!

Instead of meeting Edward her first day at Fork’s High Bella met and became inseparable with Jasper. For six wonderful years he has been her ever-devoted vampire boyfriend.  Super supportive and lovingly protective. Always a gentleman and respectful. So, so respectful. For young, sheltered Bella this is a perfect fit.

Until her seemingly perfect boyfriend begins to get a little… moody. Little by little, dates are forgotten. Questions are turned into accusations. Which are quickly followed by apologies. Rinse and repeat.

The change in Jasper is felt by all of the Cullens and it’s got them wondering if it has anything to do with the new vampire Jasper and Bella met.

Alice is a recent run away from a different sort of coven. A coven that like to drink from humans. When the local animal attack numbers start to rise it isn’t long before the Cullens begin to get suspicious.  And long-exiled Edward is called home to help them get to the bottom of things.

From their very first meeting Bella feels a pull towards Edward that she’s never felt before which ironically begins with a push. To the ground.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I took quick, rapid breaths and tried to calm my racing heart, the shock at what happened started to wane. I noticed for the first time that there was a man with his head burried in my neck and his hips tucked between my legs.
A solid, hard…..man.
The shock came rushing back, along with fear that a stranger just broke into the Cullen house and attacked me. The stranger suddenly pushed his chest off me and rested his elbows on the floor on either side of me. As soon as his eyes met mine, I felt a strange pull in my stomach. I was suddenly aware of every inch of his body nestled between my bare thighs, my skirt rode up entirely too high during the fall.
I have never seen eyes like his before. They glistened with specks of gold and I found it impossible to look away.
A small smirk splayed on his lips and he brushed a stray piece of hair off my cheek. "Just breathe, sweetheart," he said with a smooth, commanding voice.
I didn't even realize I was holding my breath. I let it out slowly and raggedly.
As I pushed the air from my lungs, pain shot through my back from landing on it so hard. I shifted my hips, trying to ease the soreness.
Golden Eyes sucked in his breath as I shifted against him. My eyes widened at the sudden hardness I felt pushing against me between my legs. I cursed myself silently at the wetness I felt pooling there from the contact.
I didn't even know this man that tackled me in my boyfriend's home, and here I was sprawled out on the floor of the library getting turned on by him.

"You keep wiggling your ass like that sweetheart and things are going to get a whole lot wetter between your legs," he said cockily.
His acknowledgement of my reaction to him humiliated and angered me, but before I could yell my outrage at him, Jasper's booming voice filled the room from the doorway.
"WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, I was hooked right about there. And it only got better. While the distance between Bella and Jasper continues to grow, it becomes near nonexistent between Edward and Bella in spite of them both seeming to hate each other.

 At every turn he is there waiting. Taunting and teasing and rubbing up on Bella. And it’s divine! Really, the growing sexual tension between them and the slow building scenes had me glued to my screen.

I couldn’t look away. And once that powder keg of desire was lit, well it exploded!

Here’s just a little taste of what I’m talking about.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Tell me to stop," he whispered, his lips hovering right against my ear.
There was no way in hell I was doing that. There were butterflies in my stomach and an ache between my legs just from feeling his breath on my skin.
I reached down and placed my hand on my hip, over the top of his. I slowly moved it over my stomach and down below my belly button so that the tips of his fingers peeked under the edge of my underwear. He stopped the descent of our hands, breathing heavily against my neck.
I wasn't about to let him change his mind. I turned my head so I could see him, the light from the hallway giving me just enough of a glow that I could make out his face. I slid his hand the rest of the way down into my underwear. Our eyes locked together when his fingers first came in contact with my slick folds. We both let out a shuddering breath at the same time. My hand was still on top of his, and he stilled them both, his fingers not moving. They rested there in my wetness, and I wondered if he could feel the pulse of my heartbeat down there that was making me ache with the need for him to move his fingers.
I shifted my hips forward, not being able to take it anymore. I needed friction; I needed him to do something to ease the throbbing. My hand was completely lined up on top of his, finger to finger. The push of my hips forced both of our middle fingers down to my entrance, the tips of our fingers just barely starting to push inside. I started to move my hand away to let him take over but he stopped me.
"Don't move. Keep your hand there and feel what I'm doing to you," he said, never taking his eyes off of mine.
I swallowed down the shyness that was threatening to take over. This was no time for me to be timid. I would do anything he asked as long as he took this ache away.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mmm. The heat between them is delicious, but there really is so much more to “Just Breathe.” I was surprised by and loved the twists and turns. Without giving away too much, it’s safe to say I may never see Alice and Jasper the same again. Open it up. And I dare you to look away once you’ve met Edward.


No Holds Barred by Jayhawkbb-rec'd by Memphis Lamb/Nic
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6340870/1/No_Holds_Barred
When Bella opens her dance studio right next to Edward's bar, will Edward hate her...or will he fall for the girl next door? BxE, AH, OOC, rated M for naughty language and behavior.  Rated: M

Review by: La Momo

There are bars and bars. In this story we have all kinds of bars.

There are bars with counters, with bartenders and alcohol. Check. Edward owns a bar called Full Moon. Emmett and Rosalie (his sister) help him around the bar. He has a bitchy, handsy helped named Tanya.
There are bars in dance studios, complete with long-legged, nimble and graceful ballerinas. Checked. Bella owns a dance studio just opposite Full Moon. She's the new girl next door. The new neighbour.

Barward and Ballerina don't get along right away. Quite the opposite. But there is  some sort of…..fascination? tip-toeing around each other? Though it does get off on the wrong foot. Edward is a flirtatious, cocky ass who thinks she is an easy prey, and maybe also an easy lay. Wrong, Barward. Wrong.
Ballerina is shy. But sassy. She compensates shyness (and baggage) with snarky replies. But she's a tiny wisp of a girl, her diminutive grace accentuated by her ballerina-like moves. Emmett takes an immediate liking to her, nicknames her "Tiny" and falls in love with her brownies (as in, baked goods).
Ballerina, or Tiny, or Bella falls into an easy companionship with Rosalie as well. And with Edward's mom. Surprise? Not really. It's B & E, after all - and it's a given that the family will love her even if he thinks she's a hag (momentarily, and in case he should - which he doesn't, hide your pitchforks - he won't do that for long).

The surprise is the chemistry - the amazingly tentative chemistry between Barward and Ballerina. The surprise is their way of bonding….from their snappy comebacks to the caring, heartwarming camaraderie that steadily builds between them. It's a surprise because Edward is not dating material. He's more  a "Tap 'em and toss 'em" kind of guy. But Bella will have none of it. So….for her sake, and because he can't resist that pull between them, he tries. Hard. Does normal things like taking a walk. Like going to an art market with her and picking out an outlandish scupture. Like taking her out to lunch and bringing her to have her palm read by a very colourful friend of his.

But….there is a but.

There is a third kind of bar in this story. It's the kind of bar that you set too high (or too low, like Edward has done for quite a while). It's the bar that's lowered hopelessly in your face when you are denied access to something (or someone) you want badly. And in this case, the bar is lowered between Bella and Edward in the shape of Rosalie herself. Another surprise, because Alice is customarily the meddlesome interloper. Refreshing to see that, in this fic, Rosalie actually does give a shit enough about her friends to come in between them. What does she do? She puts a sex ban on Edward.
No banging the girl till you've gotten to know her.

How well will this sit with Barward and Ballerina? Uh-oh. Not saying. Let's just say….That while I got her reasoning, I wanted to pry the bar off the dance studio wall and bang it on Rosalie's neck…

But these two are smarter than a sex ban. And they actually talk. They communicate. They bond. Over sex bans and hip hop music.

GO READ - you won't regret a single line of it….After all, it's Jayhawkbb - what did you expect from the creator of Ned and Stella, if not another stellar performance?



Rosebud by Arabella's-rec'd by Jaime Arkin
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6806825/1/
Millionaire Edward fell quickly for small town Bella, and their dreamy romance soon led to wedding bells. When their new marriage is about to fall apart, Bella goes missing. Edward is determined to search for her, but does Bella want to be found? AU-Human Twilight - Rated: M

Review by: KitKat and texasbella


Thank you, Steve...In more somber news, the wife of prominent millionaire Edward Cullen has been reported missing. Twenty-year-old Isabella Cullen was last seen at the couple's Seattle estate on Saturday night. 
An anonymous source with ties to Isabella told us that marital problems and even talks of divorce had recently been going on between the newlyweds. However, our source stressed that it was notIsabella Cullen who initiated these talks. What is most alarming is the fact that no luggage or possessions seem to have been taken from the house upon Isabella's departure. Only her black Audi convertible is missing. Police are trying to determine whether heartbreak is the cause of the sudden fleeing, or if something more sinister is at work. If anyone is aware of Isabella's whereabouts, please call police or Channel - 
I flick off the TV, carelessly sliding the remote across the hardwood floor.
My disheveled hair is pulled roughly as one thought repeats inside my pounding head.
Oh, my Isabella...where are you?

*********************************

Just like that, you're hooked and the ride begins.

When you first sit down to read Rosebud by Arabella’s, you might feel that you need a calendar and a spreadsheet next to you so you can keep track of everything that is going on, but after a few chapters there is no way you can get lost amidst their pain and love and misery.

Each chapter takes us into little peeks into their past as we move forward in the present.  We are there when they meet, there when they fall in love.  We are there when they take their first intimate steps and we are there when they marry. What is left as a mystery that slowly unwinds with each chapter that gradually mingles the past with the present is the question of what happened? How did young love fade so quickly?  Or did it?

What we learn in the 24 chapters that have posted already is…not much.  Edward is rich.  Bella is not.  Edward is withdrawn and aloof, Bella is sweet and personable.  Bella’s pain is palpable through the entire journey, and Edward, although he sees that she is miserable, is clueless as to how to help her except to just let her go. 

We are left wondering if Bella actually left Edward or if she was taken.

And Arabella’s leaves us hanging until chapter 22 to find out…


HA!


Did you really think I would tell you?  I waited 22 chapters to find out…

Edward is struggling to make amends and attempt to become a better person while Bella is missing, and I can only hope that his journey is complete by the time Bella returns…if she returns.
Quotes from Citizen Kane head each chapter and I have to admit, I’ve never seen the movie, but I love that Arabella’s has found the perfect snippets to encapsulate each chapter.  You can feel the time she puts into each and every chapter, and I am waiting with bated breath to see what is happening with Bella and if Edward will be the one to rescue her.

If Arabella’s had not made reference to the fact in a recent author’s note that each chapter is getting more difficult to write, I would have sworn that she had written this entire story out…start to finish…in order, before splicing together different portions of the timeline into each chapter to weave a tangled web that leaves you guessing and deciphering and unable to NOT click ‘next.’

The thought and obvious attention to detail that has had to go into each chaotic chapter in addition to the overall smoothness of her writing is amazing.  This is the only story on her profile, but if Rosebud is what this fledgling author is able to turn out, I can only imagine what we will see from this rising star in the future.

Go read…and if you get lost there is a timeline on her profile (thank GOD).



The Man in Black by Prettykittyartist-rec'd by Remmy
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6351601/1/The_Man_in_Black
Bella returns to Forks after graduating NYU. She had given up on love, until a gorgeous mechanic walks in to her life and turns it upside down. He falls hard for her but will his secrets tear them apart? EXB AH Twilight - Rated: M

Review by: les16

Can I tell y'all a secret?

I don't like Bella very much most of the time.

In our fanfic world, in a sea of Bella's that can be everything from stay-at-home moms to rock stars or supermodels, it's usually hard for me to find one that I can really fall in love with. They are either too whiny, too self-conscious, too snarky, or sometimes even just too bitchy for me to really connect with. My girl, Prettykittyartist, has managed to write one of my all time favorite Bella's ever. Funny thing though is that her Bella is whiny. She is bitchy. She is irrational and goes overboard, but she's so vulnerable at times and so endearing that I found myself in love with her from the very beginning. Even when there were times when I wanted to shake her, and there were more than a few, I never stopped loving her.

"Excuse me," I snapped, pulling my arm from his grip. "You can't just go around pawing at people." I gave him my best mad dog look and wrapped my arms around my waist.

"Whoa… calm down. Damn woman, you are grumpy! I just wanted to offer you a drink; you left the bottle on the table," he said, revealing the bottle from underneath his arm.

"No thanks. I'm sure I can find a gentleman inside to get me a drink," I said before turning and walking inside.

He jumped up and was instantly in front of me, blocking my entrance to the house.

"I don't think I can allow that," he said, his voice dripping of sex. He leaned into me, his mouth inches away from my face.

"I don't think I like the idea of anyone else being near you in that outfit. You about gave me a heart attack last weekend, and I'll be damned if you don't look even more beautiful tonight," he said, before running his nose across my jaw line.

Fuck me sideways.

My mind and body were beginning to get along, so I clinched my eyes shut and took a deep breath. I had to get a hold of the situation immediately. I was seconds away from dragging him behind the house.

"I'm sure you'll manage just fine besides last time I saw you it didn't seem like you were having a very hard time, regardless of what I had on," I said in a snippy tone. My bitch hat was back, and fastened on tightly. Take that, Captain Sexy Eyes.

Can I tell y'all another secret?

I love Edward.

Big surprise there, huh? We all love Edward. The Man In Black's Edward is also one of my all-time favorites. Well he is an Edward, but he's not. Cryptic I know, but I can't say more than that or else I'll ruin the surprise. Suffice it to say he's everything you want in an Edward: cocky but sweet, an ass but so sexy he makes you swoon and your panties melt in equal measure. Most of the time, you can't decide if you want to jump Prettykittyartist's main man or slap him silly.

"Just because I forgive you, doesn't mean you are out of the dog house. You have some serious sucking up and groveling to do, mister."

"I told you before, sweetness-anything you want me to do, I'll do it. I would move heaven and earth for you," I told her.

"Oh God, please don't get all mushy on me! I do see some serious wining and dining in my future, and I do mean wining and dining. No more Forks diner dinners for me… oh no. I see some serious gourmet grub and fancy wine. No scrimping on the details now, Mr. Masen… Cullen…," she pulled back and looked at me, cocking her head, and biting her lip. "What the fuck am I supposed to call you? All your names are confusing to me. Pick one," she ordered.

"Baby, you can call me whatever you want," I said, lowering my voice and leaning closer to her.

Bella meets The Man In Black in the only garage in town when her truck breaks down. To say that sparks fly between the two is an understatement! They both resist the immediate pull toward each other for a whole slew of reasons. Bella is getting back on her feet. He's making a life for himself after some events from his past cause him to turn his back on his family and start over.
Things aren't easy for these two, but really, is it ever? Unlike most stories out there, Charlie is firmly in Edward's corner. It's as refreshing a twist as it is surprising, especially considering this Edward is older than Bella … fourteen years older as a matter-of-fact. It's Charlie's support that helps Edward and Bella get through some rocky times. Edward's running from a past he's afraid will catch up to him and one that he's afraid will destroy the life he and Bella begin to make for themselves.

There are twists and turns. There are bumps and misunderstandings. There's lots of hot sex ... really, REALLY hot sex, and there are laughs. The Man In Black is full of surprises from beginning to end and from one chapter to the next you're never sure what's next on the horizon for these two.

The Man In Black is irreverent and witty. The writing is superb and the characters have a depth that draws you in and doesn't let go. PrettyKitty's take on some well-known characters will take you by surprise, but I guarantee you will love what she does with them. If you're a Charlie fan, and if you aren't, what's the matter with you, her Charlie is to die for! I could write pages and pages of reasons why this Charlie is one of the best out there. If you want to see a Carlisle and Esme in a different light from the patient father and gentle mother we normally see, oh boy, is this the story for you!? If you're tired of reading about the same core group of characters, be ready to be introduced to some that will knock your socks off and ones you'll love every bit as much as the tried and true people you are used to.

The Man In Black should be on everyone's 'Must Read List.' Give it a try, I promise you won't be sorry!




Tides of Fate by SparklingTwilight-rec'd by Aidan Paulmomma
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5031275/1/Tides_of_Fate
After four years in a bad relationship, and two years of depressed seclusion, Alice and Rosalie drag best friend Bella on a tropical vacation designed by fate. AH OOC. B/E, R/Em, A/J. Rated M for future lemony goodness and occasional strong lang.PLS R&R Twilight - Rated: M

Review by: AtHome Jo

When asked which stories are our favorites or what someone should read next, we all have stories that immediately come to mind. Tides of Fate by SparklingTwilight are one of those stories for me.

I adore this story. I am a certified Wussperv, so don’t expect anything too angsty. It has a wonderful balance of humor, romance and drama. But, fair warning, the lemons will leave you hot and bothered. Edward is just THAT good.

We are engaged from the moment we begin reading about the relationships forged between this cast of characters, the heartaches along the way, and two lost and broken people who find their way to each other. This beautiful story is created out of the ebb and flow of love, hope, and family.

Thanks to her best friends, Alice and Rosalie, Bella is a reluctant vacationer brought to the island to recover from heartbreak and a heavy dose of insecurity.

I thought for so long that if we had just stuck it out, it would work out for the best. We had always been such great friends and I thought that if we just tried to make it work as a couple, then one day we would find our happiness within each other. I was a goddamn fool for ever thinking that. I was a fool for ever giving in to his relentless pleas for a relationship. I was beyond a fool for ever thinking that he meant it when he said he was sorry for cheating on me, and that he would never do it again. I was a complete fool for ever believing him when he said he loved me. Worst of all, I was an imbecile for ever thinking he'd come back after he left that final time, wench in tow, or even wanting him to come back.

God I hated her. She was everything I wasn't. She was tall, dark skinned, graceful... beautiful. She even had a laugh that sounded like melodious bells...unlike mine that sounded like something off the Three Stooges or Revenge of the Nerds. The sound of that laugh as they left my house in shambles will haunt me until the day I die...and possibly even longer.

Once on the island, you are immediately submersed into a vacation destination of your dreams. Isle Esme is teaming with fun and life and activity. There is no room for depressed seclusion here. The descriptions make you feel like you are along for the ride. You want to try each and every adventure for yourself. But more than that, this story of filled with the love of family and friends.

The relationship that develops between Edward and Bella is beautiful. Edward is wonderfully loving and protective, while his imperfections keep the story realistic. Combined with the growth we see in Bella, we are given a relationship that will not soon be forgotten.

We were quiet for a while as we both stared out at the landscape. It was unlike the awkward silence most people who didn't really know each other that well experienced. It was completely comfortable, as if it was the most natural thing in the world for us to sit next to each other without needing to fill the empty space with meaningless chatter. It was a comforting feeling, and I found myself relishing in the sounds, breezes, and scents as I closed my eyes.

"You know... when my parents died, I never thought I'd ever feel complete again," he said suddenly and I opened my eyes to look at him. He was gazing out toward the ocean but then his eyes flickered to me.

"Until I met you," he said quietly and my breath hitched in my throat as I searched his eyes for any sign of insincerity. There wasn't a trace of it to be found.

"I...Edward..."

"Do you remember last night when you asked me if I had ever felt something like gravity pulling me toward someone?" he asked and I nodded.

"I feel that when I'm around you. I can't explain it, but it's like no matter how close I am to you, it isn't close enough. I've never felt anything like it before, and it confuses the hell out of me, but I don't ever want it to go away. It's when I feel that pull that I feel complete," he said and I felt tears begin to prick at my eyes.

While their moments are sweet and heartfelt, the lemons are packed with a punch:

"Jesus," he muttered as my back was to him. I knew he could see the top of my thong and just a bit of my ass as I continued to turn back in his direction, and where I once would have thought I would have been too embarrassed to be doing something like this, I felt confident, sexy... desired, and it turned me on.

By the time I made it fully back around to him, the dress was just dangling from my fingertips. I watched as his eyes slowly traveled from mine down my body as I dropped the dress on the floor. His eyes shot back up to mine and he smirked as he quirked an eyebrow at me and pushed his way off the door, taking slow predatory steps toward me.

"Are you rather fond of those?" he asked, his voice low and sultry as his eyes traveled down to my tiny pair of underwear.

"You mean these?" I asked as I hooked my thumbs under the straps and did another turn in front of him, earning a throaty groan from him as his arms wrapped around my waist from behind.
"Yes those," he breathed in my ear, sending shivers through my body as his fingers slid under the straps. I whimpered at the heat of his fingers as I shook my head, and in a flash they were ripped away from my body, the sound of the tearing fabric causing a rush of moisture between my thighs.

I was immersed in this story from the moment I clicked on the link. Tides of Fate is brought to life through the emotional bonds created between the reader and the characters. There is so much more to this story, but I refuse to ruin your journey. You will not be disappointed nor soon forget the Tides of Fate.




Til I Said It to You by GrayMatters-rec'd by Onebravelamb Fanfiction
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7435257/1/Til_I_Said_it_to_You
She's a serial rescuer with a history of adopting strays. He's selfish and arrogant, cut loose by his family to find himself. Will Bella fall for his act, or will Edward find more than he bargained for? AH/OOC M for language & lemons. Twilight - Rated: M

Review by: Onebravelamb Fanfiction

What can I say about ‘Til I Said it to You? This fic owns me. Truly. Not only because I’m a pre-reader and have some insider information, but because GrayMatters writes it so beautifully - you can actually feel the heart she puts in it. The story centers around Edward and Bella, of course, but the supporting characters add so much depth that you can easily see this fic being more than a love story.

It begins with Edward, or as I like to lovingly call him - Doucheward. He’s a spoiled pretty boy that has always been catered-to and given everything on a silver platter. But, tsk tsk, Edward’s taken advantage one too many times and when he finds himself in trouble yet again, his parents have simply had enough.

Carlisle and Esme come to a decision - Edward needs a good dose of tough love. They take away his many luxuries, like his iPhone, his car, his credit cards, his cushy job and even the roof over his head. They explain that he’s on his own. They urge him to go out and find himself. However, Edward only hears that his parent’s have given up on him and cut him off. So he is turned out and forced to make it in the real world, all on his own.Needless to say, Edward isn’t happy about it, but that’s life and you have to learn to roll with the punches.

And if anyone knows the truth of that statement, it’s Bella. She’s a single mom, full-time nursing student and part-time waitress. Life certainly isn’t easy for our girl, oh no, not when you factor everything in. Bella has Hailey, her beautiful toddler, who was fathered by Jasper. Thing is though, Bella found out she was pregnant after the pair had already broken up and Jasper was seeing Alice. It wouldn’t be a terrible thing, if Jasper hadn’t offered to kick Alice to the curb and stay with Bella for the sake of their daughter. Bella turned him down, of course, but just the offer turned anything resembling friendship between Alice and Bella very, very sour. So much so that Alice is constantly a thorn in Bella’s side, complaining about everything from Hailey’s wardrobe to the amount of time Jasper has to spend taking care of his daughter.

Obviously it’s not Bella’s fault, but some people refuse to see reason. It doesn’t matter to Alice that Bella has to work in order to keep a roof over her daughter’s head and food on the table. In other words - Alice is a bitch with a capital ‘B.’

Bella works her fingers to the bone everyday between raising her little girl, studying and working at Eclipse. She has a solid head on her shoulders, but also a lot of responsibility for one person.

So what does that leave us with?

Edward, the quintessential player.

Bella, a sweet single mother with heart of gold.

Can you feel the drama brewing?

When Edward and Bella meet, there are no immediate fireworks or sparks of love at first sight. In fact, other than some sexual attraction, their first meeting is abysmal. Edward, recently hired by McCarty and Hale construction, even though he studied architecture at Dartmouth, is out with the crew at Eclipse, the bar where Bella waitresses. He’s still a cocky asshole and basically has perpetual foot-mouth-disease when it comes to all things Bella. Edward is totally reliant on his good looks and previous wealth and he totally expects to get  whatever he wants by flashing an award winning smile and a few lecherous looks. He doesn’t factor in that Bella works around perverted males all the time and that kind of behavior is right on par with an ice-cold shower for her libido.

Needless to say, when Edward asks for Bella’s number, he gets the brush off in a big way.

I’m still so proud of Bella for that one. Gray too, for that matter.

With a little time and no small amount of fate, Edward ends up renting an apartment in Bella’s building. After nearly wiping out on the stairs one day and Edward showing a small flash of his chivalrous side, the two strike up a strange sort of friendship.They both only offer half-truths and brief glimpses into their lives, which seems to be more of a defense mechanism than anything else. Edward seems to be terrified of letting anyone get too close, whether it’s his parents perceived defection or something else, he tries to keep everyone at arms length. Bella guards her daughter above everything else, which is completely understandable. No single mother wants to parade a string of random men around their child.

What will those omissions hold in store for them? Your guess is as good as mine, but I can foresee some major turbulence from all sides in the future.

‘Til I Said it to You is currently five chapters in and I’m eagerly waiting for the next chapter to hit my inbox. These two characters really do have a special place in my heart and I for one can not wait for Edward to have his ‘aha!’ moment - a man eating humble pie is always so very entertaining. I can’t wait to see where Gray takes these two and I urge you to come along on this journey with us. Trust me, you’ll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket