Friday, January 21, 2011

Everything's Bigger In Texas

Today I'm celebrating Non-Canon Pairings and I'll throw in some Canon as well :)

I'll start off with Jasper/Bella


Suddenly I realized the family had it wrong. I had it wrong. Jasper was not attacking me and Edward was not protecting me. AU OOC Rated M to be safe - My first story - WINNER of two 'Everything's Bigger In Texas' Awards

Emmett/Bella


Emmett is a carefree, fun guy with a trust fund. Bella is a young college student with a bright future. A one night stand has consequences they don't expect or are prepared for. AH. Rated M.

Just Like You by Irenella Courmet is a favorite of mine despite any spelling errors.  I remember the summer that this story posted and I couldn't get enough of it. Waiting for updates was truly agonizing for this one.

Carlisle/Bella


I needed to be seen." How low can someone go to feel clean lines and order? How much can someone take just because he can? Lemons, no sugar. Bella/Carlisle, of course. Just because it's funny doesn't mean it's fluff. Sex and breakdowns. No surface.

Have a favorite Non-Canon rec? Leave a comment with a link and we'll check it out!
Shout goes to Betti Gefecht for her crazy banner, blinkie, blogger, musical and writing skills. The woman is crazy talented. She has some great stories on ffn as well. I've posted a teaser to her story Little Green and Easybella below.

(BELLA)
"It feels weird being divorced, doesn't it?"
That word, mercilessly catapulted from his lips, ricochets off the marble walls in the stairway like a bullet. And when the projectile finally hits it really hurts. Divorced!
It's official; we signed the papers this morning. Why does it sting so much to hear him say it out loud? Why now, after months (years?) of acquainting myself with the idea of getting... divorced?
"Bella...?"
I don't need to look up at him. I can tell from the oh so familiar sound of his voice that he's going to apologize for the umpteenth time, and I know I can't stand it. I just can't.
"I'm ok. It just does feel weird, you're right." There's no way the smile I'm forcing onto my face reaches my eyes. It's just sad, but he buys it anyway; like he used to do... always. That is even sadder, and I want to cry. Like fucking now. Of course I don't.
"Friends, right? Bells?"
I pull him into a hug, that brother-sister kind of hug we have made a habit of.
"Friends for ever, promise!" I want to cry. Badly.
"I love you, baby." He kisses the top of my head, and it's like I'm slowly coming apart, disintegrating into my atomic components. It feels unreal. He lets go of me and takes a step back. "I want to thank you, you know... for everything. I know I gave you a hard time. You deserve so much better, and-"
I quickly cut in before I lose my shit completely, "It's ok. I'm ok."
I will cry later.
"Just... thank you." His voice is barely above a whisper. The uncomfortable silence that follows is something new between us, and suddenly all I can think of is that I want him to go, so this torture will come to an end. Finally he speaks again, "You sure about the car?"
No I'm not sure about the car or the house or you and me or anything just take it and leave so I can finally crash and mourn the loss of my marriage and my best friend and any idea of what to do with my life without you...
"Yes, I am. We've been over that a hundred times. I really don't need a car, but you do."
I shrug, grimacing in an attempt to muster another assuring smile. His answering smile is genuine; he believes me so easily. The tiny nutshell he lives in rearranges itself to his liking; in his own little world, everything is in perfect order again. And I envy him.

I would like to add that my bff has texted me all morning with musings about the fic that's pwning her right now ---> Eight Days a Week by 107yearoldvirgin

VOTING FOR FICTIONADE FLAVORS OF THE WEEK IS ALMOST OVER!! NEW FLAVORS WILL BE POSTED TOMORROW!! 

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL OF OUR NEW FOLLOWERS! AND THANKS TO THE LADIES IN TLS COMMUNITY FOR MAKING ME LAUGH OUT LOUD CONSISTENTLY AND FOR GOING BALLS TO THE WALL ON MY TO READ LIST DAILY.  YOU ALL ARE GRAND AND I LOVE HEARING ALL OF YOUR RECCOMENDATIONS.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket