Saturday, July 23, 2022

TLS Special SNEAK PEEK Feature

The Lemonade Stand has spent so many years bringing you the best the Twilight fandom has to offer, and we are very excited to have the chance to offer you even MORE. We've watched stories grow and develop from first post through COMPLETE, and now we're lucky enough to share previews of the stories that will soon be your new addiction.

This week our feature comes to us from cullenlvr83, author of Il Dottore Della Mafia, Crave, and The Orphan. She's giving us a preview from her upcoming new mafia fic Nemico Del Mio Nemico.

banner by 2browneyes

Nemico Del Mio Nemico
 by
 Cullenlvr83

Summary: Bella’s life implodes one fateful night, leaving her with nothing more than the directive to go to New York and find Edward Cullen. A trip across the country spins her life in an unexpected direction, opening her eyes to the hidden world of the Italian mafia. When things aren’t always as they seem, it can be difficult to separate friend from foe.

oO~~Oo

~Show me a man who has no enemies, and I’ll show you a man who has never stood for anything.~

When someone tells you that their life changed, they can usually pinpoint one moment, one choice, that would have made things go in a completely different direction. When it happens though, it isn’t like that. There is a catalyst but every moment from that point on can create so many different paths for your life to take. Maybe I should have made different choices, but I couldn’t bring myself to regret the decisions I’ve made.

I was twenty years old, taking a year off from college after getting my associate degree, trying to find myself and what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. This led to me moving back in with my parents. I was glad they now lived in Seattle instead of the small town of Forks, where I grew up. My mom was a school administrator and my dad was a cop, but he was offered a position as the Chief of Police in Seattle. Things had been going well over the last few months. I was working part-time. I was getting to spend time with my parents. But like all good things, they don't stay that way for long. I came home one evening from work and found myself in a nightmare.

The door was already standing slightly ajar, and the silence coming from within caused a pit to form in my stomach. My dad and mom were always happy and joyful. They were madly in love with each other, and though I was raised with rules and curfews, they still guided me with advice and affection throughout my life. There was always laughter, shouts of victory, or their mushy confessions of love to each other to gross me out. I stepped inside carefully, the instinct my dad instilled in me kicking into gear. I was quiet as I crept through my house. Regardless of the possible danger, I absolutely lost it when I saw my dad, lying on the floor in a puddle of his own blood. His eyes were glassy and lifeless, the warm light no longer burning there.

I fell to my knees beside his body, dropping my keys and feeling like a little girl again. “Daddy,” I said, knowing he wouldn’t answer.

“Bella,” a weak voice wailed from nearby. I scanned my surroundings and saw my mom, coming out of the kitchen, clutching her stomach, blood seeping between her fingers.

“Mom!” I rushed over to her, horror gripping me tight. “Oh, god, that doesn’t look good. We gotta get you to a hospital.”

“My beautiful girl. It’s too late.” She choked, her bloody hand coming up to caress my face. “I don’t have much time, so listen to me. Go stay on the rez with Billy and Jacob until everything is taken care of. Then get out of here. Go to New York and find Edward Cullen. Tell him who you are and who your parents are. He will make sure you are safe.”

oO~~Oo

Nemico Del Mio Nemico will begin posting soon so remember to put cullenlvr83 on alert.

7 comments:

  1. This looks interesting. Frankly, I'm not a big fan of Mobward stories but I'll give this one a shot. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting.. even with so many Mob stories actually as wip

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to reading. Love mobward and I think I’ve read them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant wait for this story. It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm intrigued. Looking forward to reading this

    ReplyDelete

Photobucket