Saturday, August 21, 2021

TLS Special SNEAK PEEK Feature

The Lemonade Stand has spent so many years bringing you the best the Twilight fandom has to offer, and we are very excited to have the chance to offer you even MORE. We've watched stories grow and develop from first post through COMPLETE, and now we're lucky enough to share previews of the stories that will soon be your new addiction.

This week we are excited to feature jane-with-a-y, author of Welcome to What-A-Burger, A Crack in the Door, and A Fork in the Road. She’s sharing a snippet of her upcoming fic Such a Pretty Face.


banner by LizziePaige

Such a Pretty Face
by
jane-with-a-y

Summary: At 29, world-famous fashion photographer Edward Cullen, had it all. One night with the wrong woman changes everything. “I’ll ruin you!” Desperate to regain his career, the only work he can get is with a plus-size modeling agency. The problem is: He hates “fat women.” His camera falls in love with Bella. Will he?

~oOoOo~

“Where did you say it’s located? My mind is swimming … between my empty stomach and my too full head; I can’t think straight.

“Providence,” she says, with a loud snap of her gum.

“Providence?”

“It’s in Rhode Island.”

“I know where it is; I just don’t understand why it’s there.”   

“The founder’s son moved there from France when he was a student at the design school. I guess they decided it was close enough to New York to pool models, but not so close that they had to constantly compete with other NY-based plus-size agencies,” she shrugs. “It’s not as if it’s in East Japeepee, Edward. Providence is a decent-sized city – 45 minutes from Boston and only three hours from NYC.”

I grab a fistful of hair and tug on it hard. It isn’t what I want, and I don’t want to say yes, but what choice do I have. I’ve lost everything; surely taking a few shots of some fatties for the Frenchies won’t kill me.   

I let out a sigh that sounds more like a groan.

“Okay.”

She smiles a toothy grin and hands me the contract.

“You won’t be sorry – I have a feeling this is going to be something big for you, Edward.

Big.

Ugh … she’s got that right; I think to myself – my head is flashing with images of Amazonian women with huge thighs and jiggly arms. Arms that will grab you and force you to …  

I chase the image away with a firm shake of my head. I don’t even bother to read the contract … all I see is the dollar amount. It’s not what I’m used to; not even close. But it’s a start.

I swallow the rising bile, pinch my nose again, and grab the pen Shelly has in her outstretched hand.

E.A. Cullen

I feel like I just signed my soul to the devil.

And eight weeks later, I’ll prove myself right.

~oOoOo~

Be sure to put jane-with-a-y on alert. Such a Pretty Face will begin posting next week.  

2 comments:

Photobucket