Sunday, March 28, 2021

TLS Special SNEAK PEEK Feature

 

The Lemonade Stand has spent so many years bringing you the best the Twilight fandom has to offer, and we are very excited to have the chance to offer you even MORE. We've watched stories grow and develop from first post through COMPLETE, and now we're lucky enough to share previews of the stories that will soon be your new addiction.

Welcome to the third day and final day of our Peek-A-Thon. Today, we have Meguhbot, author of When we were young, who is sharing an excerpt from her upcoming new fic A Soft Place to Land.

Banner by Meguhbot

A Soft Place to Land
 by 
meguhbot

Summary:  Isabella Dwyer thought she had it all; until a box full of secrets blew her away. What happens when she ends up not only with a new name, a new family, and a flirty bartender who could be just what this doctor needs?

*^*^*^*

The silence, the clinking of forks and glasses, lights down low and this dress: they all make me feel like I can’t breathe. 

“I need a change.”

The words are out of my mouth before I can stop them, but when I realize just how true they are, I know I can't take them back.

Liam looks at me, fork halfway to his mouth and blue eyes blink. “A change?” 

I watch him, blond hair smoothed back, perfect polo shirt under his Burberry blazer.  Everything about Liam could— or should—make any woman happy. 

I grew up with my mom and step-dad, Phil. I have a sister a year younger than me, Vanessa. I never knew my real dad, Charlie. 

I found out the truth less than a month ago. The news flipped my world upside down. 

He told me this morning that there is a cabin he has on his property that is mine to live in if I wanted to.

“Okay, where do you want to go or do, Bella?” he asks slowly, like he would ask a child.

I nod, and Liam waits for me to explain myself.

I feel like I don’t know who I am anymore. I’m not sure how I should respond, but the words are out of my mouth before I give any thought to what they mean.

“I need a change. Something new away... from you.” No matter how true it is, I still flinch when he looks up angrily. “Away from here.”

 I think of the small cabin I looked at this morning in the small town where my dad lives. 

“Well, that’s so…” He gestures behind me. Mom, Phil and Vanessa are behind me, excited.  When I turn to look back at Liam, he drops a box on the table. 

“Unfortunate,” he finishes as he stands up and opens the box. I’ve never seen a ring so huge.

*^*^*^*

Put Meguhbot on alert because A Soft Place to Land will begin posting on April 2, 2021.

2 comments:

  1. Well, Happy Birthday to me!!!!
    Now I have something else to look forward to!
    Thank you, ladies. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good.... Can't wait..... 🤩

    ReplyDelete

Photobucket