Saturday, March 28, 2020

TLS Special SNEAK PEEK Feature


.

The Lemonade Stand has spent so many years bringing you the best the Twilight fandom has to offer, and we are very excited to have the chance to offer you even MORE. We've watched stories grow and develop from first post through COMPLETE, and now we're lucky enough to share previews of the stories that will soon be your new addiction.

This week we're so excited to feature the talented iambeagle, author of fandom favs Kiss Me, You Idiot, The Cellar and First of the Month. We can't wait to get our hands on her new fic. Don't Delete the Kisses. 

banner by LizziePaige


Don't DELETE the Kisses by iambeagle

Summary: When Bella receives a provoking message from a stranger on Instagram, intrigue ensues. Who is this Masen person, anyway? And what the hell does he want?

~ x X x ~

I’m only a few blocks from my apartment when I open Instagram. Scrolling through my feed, I yawn as I like different posts. My co-worker’s dog. A high school friend's kid. Way too many memes. Some influencer who’s trying to sell something that I’ll probably buy later tonight in bed.

And then I stop in the middle of the sidewalk when I see at the top of the screen that Masenry updated his story. Since I started following him a few days ago, I haven’t noticed an Instagram story from him and I’m intrigued. I click his username and a photo of the inside of his fridge takes over my screen. It’s nothing unusual, I guess, but it is pretty bare. I scrutinize the contents, counting at least eight different bottles of hot sauce. There's also a six-pack of Stella, too, which I can appreciate.

We haven’t interacted since our weird coffee argument two days ago. And I don’t really know why I want to strike up a conversation now, but I do.

Swannie: I’m disappointed I can’t criticize your choice of beer or hot sauce.

I smile to myself. I don’t really know why, either. It just appears on my face. Maybe I like fucking with this person the way they fuck with me. Regardless of the reason, I feel kind of creepy smiling to myself while standing in the middle of the sidewalk at night, so I start my walk home again.

When I glance back at my phone, I see Masenry has responded. But since I commented on his story, our conversation is now private.

Masenry: Sliding into my DMs, huh?

Fucker.

Then he adds: My fridge is pretty dirty. Maybe you can criticize that?

Swannie: It’s not satisfying if you offer it up so easily.

Masenry: I’m sure it’s still satisfying in some way.

I blink at my screen.

I stare at the smirking emoji he’s become known for sending.

I think Instagram Dude is flirting with me.

Swannie: … that was kind of a saucy comment.

Masenry: I’m a saucy kinda guy.

Swannie: Like in the hot sauce sense, right?

Masenry: Lol yeah.

Swannie: Did you actually laugh out loud at that?

Masenry: No.

Swannie: Smile?

Masenry: Yeah. Are you smiling, too?

Swannie: Unfortunately... yes.


~ x X x ~

Don't forget to put iambeagle on alert. Don't DELETE the Kisses begins posting on April 1, 2020.

6 comments:

  1. Well, that preview might not have been long, but I'm in love already. Will definitely be reading. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait. will trade TP for quicker update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait! I flove Meg's words!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this story is going to make me give lots of smiles. Can't wait. :)

    ReplyDelete

Photobucket